Artwork Needed for the set of Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
We are looking to collaborate with local fine artists in our next production at Theatre In The Park. We would like a wide variety of donated art pieces with different art styles and mediums to be displayed in our upcoming play Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner. The artwork chosen from your submissions would be displayed on the walls of the Drayton home and would be the main décor on the set for our scenic design. The artwork would be lit throughout the production dependent on the needs of the show. Along with your artwork being displayed in the production, we would also like to highlight each of the artists that submit work in our show playbill. Our production takes place is set in 1967, however, we are not limiting the artwork by time period. While we would love to showcase everyone’s work, we have limited space. We look forward to seeing your artwork and having the opportunity to work with you to bring our newest production to life. See below for more specific details. Click the green submission link where you're ready to share your work.
Information and Requirements for submission:
- Photos of your artwork should be submitted no later than March 27th.
- We are looking for a variety of sizes of painting/drawings etc. Ranging from 12” X 12” to 48” X 48” and anywhere in between these measurements.
- Artwork can be canvas or framed. *note (We would love to have a couple of large artworks that are in a more ornate frames).
- We will be choosing 8-10 art pieces to be used on the set due to the amount of wall space. Anything not chosen to be used on the set may have the opportunity to be displayed in our lobby for our patrons to view pre and post show.
- If your artwork is chosen, the delivery of your piece will begin Monday March 30th and arrive no later than Friday April 3rd.
- Your artwork can be picked up after the production beginning Monday, May 4th
- We welcome the opportunity to learn more about your work, if you are interested in sharing your artist statement or art description. This is optional for you as you consider entering your work.
- We would be happy to display a price and advertise to our patrons if your artwork is for sale.
Styles or art movements
- Modern Art
- Pop art
- Pen and ink
- Still life