Audition for The Sweet Delilah Swim Club!
April 4 and 5 at 7pm (sign-in at 6:30) with callbacks on April 6 at 7pm.
All auditions will be held in-person at Theatre in the Park, 107 Pullen Road, Raleigh NC 27607.
Rehearsals begin Monday April 11, and a five-day-per-week rehearsal schedule will be based on cast availability.
Actors will be asked to perform one of the downloadable monologues linked in the button below. For callbacks, we’ll do cold readings from the script. Dress in rehearsal clothes and be ready to move about and have fun! If you cannot make auditions, please email email@example.com and we will try to accommodate.
We also ask that you fill out an audition and rehearsal conflict form. If you are able, please print and fill out the below form ahead of time and bring it to your audition. Thank you!
June 3-4, 9-11, 17-18 at 7:30 PM. June 5, 12, 19 at 3:00 PM.
COVID Safety Information
Everyone will be required to wear a mask at all times during auditions and callbacks, except when actually performing. The Production team will also wear masks as well. Auditionees will be asked to show proof of vaccination.
About the Play
Five Southern women, whose friendships began many years ago on their college swim team, set aside a long weekend every August to recharge those relationships. Free from husbands, kids, and jobs, they meet at the same beach cottage, the “Sweet Delilah” on North Carolina’s Outer Banks to catch up, laugh, and meddle in each other’s lives. The Sweet Delilah Swim Club is the story of five unforgettable women—a hilarious and touching comedy about friendships that last forever. The Sweet Delilah Swim Club will be directed by Nancy Rich.
About the Characters
Casting 5 identifying females. The characters in this play will be portrayed at ages forty-four, forty-nine, fifty-four, and seventy-seven.
- Sheree Hollinger is the perennial team captain, is practical, supportive and a fount of boundless energy. Never without her to-do lists or Pocket Scheduler, her tendency to be hyper-organized occasionally drives her friends a bit crazy. She’s the eternal tomboy, a health nut and an all-American mom who lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, with her family.
- Dinah Grayson is the wise-cracking cynic of the group, has fought her way to the top and relishes the view. A lawyer in the biggest and most prestigious law firm in Atlanta, Dinah excels at everything … except romance. Armed with a dry martini and an even drier sense of humor, Dinah seldom reveals her softer side as she tackles life head-on.
- Lexie Richards is from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, is the delightfully vain, youth obsessed event planner for a chain of four-star hotels. She has never shied away from the occasional nip or tuck and keeps her cosmetic surgeon on speed dial. Always one to revel in her status as a man-magnet, Lexie can be counted on to share wild and hilarious tales of her romantic exploits.
- Jeri Neal McFeeley is the ditzy ray of sunshine of the group. She’s perky and naive and always sees the positive side of everything. Having been a nun for many years, Jeri Neal, recently relocated to Roanoke, Virginia, continually makes life choices that surprise and amaze her friends.
- Vernadette Simms is a hard luck case if there ever was one. Marriage and motherhood came shortly after college, a dark cloud has hovered above her ever since. A public school teacher, with limited finances and a problematic home life in Spivey’s Corner, North Carolina, Vernadette is self-deprecating by necessity. She faces her tribulations with gallows humor and the unwavering support of these lifelong friends.